Enrollment for the 2023-2024 School Year
Enrolling New Students for the 2023-24 School Year (or transferring existing students to a different school)
Entering Grades K-8
If you have a child who will be enrolling for the first time in 2023-24 and entering Grades K-8, you will need to complete a new enrollment for this child. You may begin the registration process online through the ParentVue portal (instructions below) or download and complete a paper packet available below. Parents/guardians will need to present the required documents below in person for verification to finalize enrollment.
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record
- Proof of Residence, such as utility receipt or lease agreement (refer to Arizona Residency Guidelines)
- Legal papers, if applicable for custody
- Withdrawal form and report card from previous school
- Photo identification for parent/guardian.
Incoming preschool students must be registered through Laveen’s Kids Club. Please visit our preschool page for registration information.
Accessing the Online Registration Portal
To access the online portal, you will need to create a ParentVue account. If you already have a child in a Laveen school, you may use your existing ParentVue account. Please see the guides below for assistance in navigating the registration portal. For additional assistance, submit a helpdesk ticket or call our Student Information Specialists at 602-237-9100.
|Help for Families Who are New to Laveen||Help for Existing Laveen Families|
|Account Creation and Online Registration for New Families||Existing Families Registration Instructions|
|Video Tutorial for New-to-Laveen Families||Transferring current Laveen students to a different Laveen school|
Downloading Paper Registration Packets
Paper packets are also accepted. You may print the necessary forms below or pick up a packet at any of our schools. Completed paper packets must be returned to the school of your choice along with the required documents.
The Laveen District has open school boundaries, meaning families may attend any Laveen school of their choice, regardless of where they live and subject to capacity and program suitability. Per Policy JFB, placement is based on the following priorities:
- District resident students, including those issued certificates of educational convenience and those required to be admitted by statute.
- Students returning to the same school from the prior year*.
- Siblings of students already enrolled.
- Students who are children of district employees
If there is excess capacity remaining after the reserved capacity identified above, the District will give open enrollment priority to nonresident students in the following order:
- Students who are in foster care.
- Students who meet the definition of unaccompanied youth prescribed in the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (P.L. 100-77; 101 Stat 482; 42 United States Code Section 11434a).
- Students who attend a school that is closing.
- Nonresident students not included in any of the above criteria.
*Enrollment in a school’s preschool program does not guarantee placement at that particular school.
Families that live outside of the Laveen District boundaries (non-resident) may also apply for open enrollment to a Laveen school of their choice. The process for registering is the same as above for non-resident families. The following guidelines also apply.
- Mid-year applications are accepted each year until May 1 of the current school year
- Enrollment is based on available space (view capacity information by school)
- The parent or legal guardian will be notified in writing as to whether the application has been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waiting list.
- The parent or legal guardian of the student is responsible for the student’s transportation.
- Providing false information on the open enrollment form may result in the application being revoked.
Enrolling at Paseo Pointe or Vista del Sur
Paseo Pointe is a dual language immersion (DLI) school. Students entering Grades PK- 6th grade during the 2023-24 school year must qualify for and enroll in the DLI program. The program will roll up a grade level each year until the school is 100% DLI through the eighth grade.
Vista del Sur is an accelerated school. As such, students must take an assessment prior to enrolling. Vista has its own enrollment schedule. Call 602-237-3046 for details.
Students Entering Kindergarten
Children must be five years old on or before August 31 of the current school year to register. Children turning five after August 31, but by December 31, may be evaluated for early entrance in May.
Students with Special Needs
Please view our Special Education page for information on children with special needs.
Choosing a School
Each Laveen school offers a signature program. To read about what each school offers, visit our Signature Programs page. You may also schedule a tour of the school. Please call the school of your choice for details.