Parents and community members are welcome to visit Laveen schools. To protect the safety of students, all visitors to school campuses must report to the office to identify
themselves and indicate the purpose of their presence on campus. All visitors must sign in and out through the school office, even if visiting the campus before classes begin in the mornings.
Visitors must provide their driver’s license or another government-issued identification in exchange for a visitor’s badge. The visitor’s ID will be returned upon checkout. Electronic images or photocopies of identification cards are not accepted.
Campus Visitation Procedures
- Make an appointment with the teacher to avoid any conflict with the school or class schedule.
- Parents are not permitted on the field during recess.
- Parents may enjoy lunch with their child without an appointment.
- Remember when visiting our schools that we are role models for children. Please take your lead from the professional staff and dress appropriately for the job you are doing. Casual clothing is fine, but we ask your attire to be neat and conservative. Your appearance should attract no undue attention.
- Report to the school office upon arrival.
- Obtain a visitor’s badge.
- Visit only the classrooms/ areas you specified during your sign-in.
- Report to the office after your visit to sign-out and retrieve your ID.
Loitering in or about a school (A.R.S. § 13-2905) or abuse of a teacher or other school employee while the teacher or employee is engaged in the performance of his/her duties (A.R.S. § 15-502) is unlawful.
Public Conduct on School Property
No person shall engage in conduct that may cause interference with or disruption of an educational institution. A person commits interference with or disruption by behaving in an aggressive manner, being disrespectful, yelling, cursing, using profanities, making threats whether implicit or implied, acting disrespectfully, and refusing to follow lawful directions of school officials, interferes with and is disruptive to the school and will not be tolerated.