LAVEEN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
NOTICE OF GOVERNING BOARD VACANCY
The Laveen Elementary School District (LESD) is providing public notice of the opportunity for the residents of the LESD to serve as a member of the Governing Board. There is one (1) seat available on the Governing Board to serve from the date of appointment until after the November 2022 election candidate canvas has been completed.
Applications are due on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, by 4:00PM and interviews will be scheduled by the LESD Governing Board.
Eligibility requirements to serve on a School District Governing Board:
- Be a citizen of the United States and resident of Arizona.
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Be a registered voter of the State of Arizona.
- Be a resident of LESD for one year prior to the date of appointment.
- Employees of LESD, including a person who directly provides certificated or support services to the LESD as an employee of a third-party contractor, or the spouse of such employee are not eligible.
- Immediate family members of current Board members who have shared the same household in the last 4 years are not eligible.
Qualified residents must attend Governing Board meetings, generally held on the first Thursday of each month, and other special meetings that may be scheduled in order to conduct LESD business, and attend District events throughout the year. Applications are available on the LESD website: www.LaveenSchools.org/Board-Vacancy or may be picked up at the Laveen Education Center between 7:00AM-4:00PM, Monday-Friday. Any questions, please contact Elodia Hinojos at (602) 237-9100.
Completed applications may be submitted to the Laveen Education Center, Attn: Governing Board Appointment Application, or by email to Elodia Hinojos (email@example.com) no later than 4:00PM on Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
Process for Filling Governing Board Vacancy:
- The Governing Board will review applications on Thursday, March 4, 2021, and schedule interviews.
- Following interviews, the Governing Board may submit up to three applicants from the applicant pool to the Maricopa County School Superintendent for consideration to fill the vacancy.
- The Maricopa County School Superintendent will review all applications from the applicant pool and any recommendations received from LESD, conduct interviews, and select and appoint the new Governing Board member.