Enrolling for the 2020-21 School Year
2020-21 Registration Information
**Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Laveen Schools have three schooling options for parents to choose for the 2020-21 school year. You will be asked to select one of the following schooling options for your child. Descriptions of these options may be found at www.laveenschools.org/Return-to-Laveen
-Full-Year Online Learning
-Daily On-Site Learning (Full-Day, Every-Day at School)
-Estrella Foothills Global Academy (Grades K-6, capped class sizes)
Enrolling New Students for 2020-21
If you have a child who will be enrolling for the first time in 2020-21, you will need to complete a new enrollment for this child. You may begin the registration process online through the ParentVue portal or download and complete a paper packet available below. You will be asked to select your top three school choices in order of preference. Parents/guardians will need to present the required documents below in person for verification to finalize enrollment.
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record
- Proof of Residence, such as utility receipt or lease agreement (refer to Arizona Residency Guidelines)
- Legal papers, if applicable for custody
- Withdrawal form and report card from previous school
- Photo identification for parent/guardian.
Accessing the Online Registration Portal
To access the online portal, you will need to create a ParentVue account. If you already have a child in a Laveen school, you may use your existing ParentVue account. Please see the guides below for assistance in navigating the registration portal. For additional assistance, contact Michelle Flores, Student Information Systems Specialist at 602-237-9100, ext. 3039 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloading Paper Registration Packets
Paper packets are also accepted. You may print the necessary forms below or pick up a packet at any of our schools. Completed paper packets must be returned to your first choice school along with the required documents.
Placement is subject to available space and is based on the following priorities:
- Students enrolled the previous school year*
- Siblings of students enrolled
- Students living within the walk or transportation zones of the school
- Children of employees
- Students living within the district boundary and not included in any of the above categories
- Students living outside the district boundary and not included in any of the above categories
*Enrollment in a school’s preschool program does not guarantee placement at that particular school.
Families that live outside of the Laveen District boundaries (non-resident) may also apply for open enrollment to a Laveen school of their choice. The process for registering is the same as above for non-resident families. The following guidelines also apply.
- Mid-year applications are accepted each year until May 1 of the current school year
- Enrollment is based on available space.
- Ten days after school begins, the parent or legal guardian will be notified in writing as to whether the application has been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waiting list.
- The parent or legal guardian of the student is responsible for the student’s transportation.
- Providing false information on the open enrollment form may result in the application being revoked.
Enrolling at Paseo Pointe or Vista del Sur
Paseo Pointe is a dual language immersion (DLI) school. Students entering Grades PK- 3rd grade during the 2020-21 school year must qualify for and enroll in the DLI program. The program will roll up a grade level each year until the school is 100% DLI through the eighth grade.
Vista del Sur is an accelerated school. As such, students must take an assessment prior to enrolling. Vista has its own enrollment schedule. Call 602-237-3046 for details.
Students Entering Kindergarten
Children must be five years old on or before August 31 of the current school year to register. Children turning five after August 31, but by December 31, may be evaluated for early entrance in May.
Students with Special Needs
Please view our Special Education page for information on children with special needs.
Choosing a School
Each Laveen school offers a signature program. To read about what each school offers, visit our Signature Programs page. You may also schedule a tour of the school. Please call the school of your choice for details.